Responsible Alcohol Beverage Service
Dram Shop School.com has been providing Responsible Beverage Service, Food, and UST Safety Training Online to people like you since 2002. The courses are written, updated, and State accepted through our online training partner Learn2Serve. Together we have trained thousands of Bartenders, Servers, Store Clerks, Winery Workers, and other Sellers and Servers of alcohol and or food nationwide.
Responsible Alcohol Beverage Service: How we can help You!
- Approved Responsible Alcohol Beverage Service Training Courses for every state
- ANSI-CFP Accredited Food Handler Courses Nationwide
- 20 Years Experience in live Alcohol Seller-Server Training and Food Handler Certification
- Official online training partner of Learn2Serve since 2002
- Alcohol Safety Training Course Prices Range $5.00 to $35.00
- Food Safety for managers and handlers Courses Price Range $5.00 to $150.00
- 24 Hour Live Customer Service 1 (877) 881-2235
- Choose Your State From the Menus at the Bottom of this Page for Responsible Alcohol Beverage Service Course details
What does Dram Shop Mean?
The word Dram comes from an old English measurement of alcohol. Like Taverns, the places that sold Drams were called Dram Shops. Dram Shop Act or Dram Shop Law have currently come to mean state alcohol liability laws.
Employers, sellers, and servers of alcohol can be sued in civil court for damages caused by intoxicated patrons. Currently, 43 states have Dram Shop laws. The laws vary from state to state. Getting your Responsible Alcohol Service certification can help avoid and prevent these lawsuits. Alcohol seller/server training is recommended by all states. Many liability insurance companies require this type of training that we help provide here at DramShopSchool.com
Dram Shop School also offers Food Manager and Food Handler training in conjunction with our online partner Learn2Serve. In 2005 we worked again with 360Training / Learn2Serve to also bring you the best Underground Storage Tank (UST) certification training.
Thomas L. Conrad
President / CEO
States That Have Dram Shop Laws
- The following states have a Dram Shop Act or Dram Shop Law or other types of alcohol liability
- Liability is not always the same in each state and some states have no Dram Shop Laws
- Check with your state’s legal authority to see your possible alcohol seller server liability
- Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming. You can find more specific information Here.